In case your Minecraft launcher has also been having trouble downloading the file, we’ll go over various methods to assist you in fixing the issue.
Your attitude could be significantly affected by the “Failed to download file, the data vary from what you had anticipated” error in Minecraft.
If your system’s firewall interferes with Minecraft’s functionality, it will provide the “Failed to download file” error.
Additionally, a faulty Minecraft download or mods could be the root of the problem. This happens when a user runs the Minecraft Launcher but receives the following message (this can also happen occasionally after installing a mod):
Follow the instructions mentioned below
Before making further changes, think about giving the Minecraft launcher what it needs. Since the error pop-up states that the intended file cannot be added manually because the data item on the disc differs compared to what the launcher anticipated.
Your work is made much easier because the pop-up includes the URL from where the file must be obtained and the place on the computer hard disc it must be added.
To duplicate the paths when downloading but also copying the file, copy the following error in a different file before substituting it. Now take these actions:
- Copy the destination URL from the list provided, enter it in your preferred web browser, and the file will download without your intervention.
- Navigate towards the File Explorer address indicated in the error notice after copying the downloaded file:
- You must delete the job-simple-4.5.jar file and replace it with the downloaded version.
Update Minecraft Launcher
An outmoded Minecraft launcher might be the cause of the failing download issue; in this case, downloading Minecraft to the most recent version may resolve the issue.
Run the Minecraft Launcher, then select Options just beside your login.
Once the Minecraft launcher has been updated, select Force Update to see whether the download file problem has been fixed.
Rule Out Corrupted Mod Issues
A corrupted mod file might also cause this problem if you’re an experienced Minecraft player who does not even think twice about trying out any new Minecraft mod you may come across. Take these easy actions to eliminate it now:
- Proceed to the following provided destination:
- The mod’s file can be copied and pasted to a different destination.
- Delete the game files that have been saved in the initial mods folder.
- Launch Minecraft once more.
Perhaps one of the mods is corrupt if removing the mods folder fixes the issue. You first need to remove the most latest mod you placed. The launcher then needs to be used once more to determine whether the issue has been fixed.
When the problem continues, the corrupted mod still appears in the game’s files. The best technique to identify the offender is to launch the launcher frequently while removing each mod file from the mods folder one at a time. You’re finished once you filter out and delete the unwanted mod.
Whitelist the Minecraft Launcher in Microsoft Defender’s Firewall
This problem may be brought on by Microsoft Defender’s Firewall, which can prohibit the launcher from downloading the data effectively.
Furthermore, there is a significant likelihood that the problem can be fixed by whitelisting Minecraft in the Firewall settings (letting the app pass the firewall).
To do this, adhere to the procedures below:
- To access Settings, use the right-click menu on the Windows Start button.
- Activate Update & Security.
- In the left sidebar, select Windows Security by clicking.
- In the right corner of the screen, select Firewall & networking defense.
- On the right side of the window, select Allow an app across the firewall.
- After selecting Change settings, select Allow another app.
- Select Browse, then look for the Minecraft launcher application.
- Finally, select Add.
- Select the Private and Public options.
- Click OK.
How to Fix Error Code 1 in Minecraft
Opening the Launch settings is the initial step you may do to resolve the Minecraft error code 1. The next step is to make sure the “Java executable” option is selected.
Then you need to eliminate part of it from the text box located next to the “Java executable” option to ensure that it appears as follows:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe”
After saving your settings, you can now play Minecraft without encountering any issues.
Open the Vanilla Launcher
Launching Minecraft using the Vanilla Minecraft launcher may fix the issue if the mod glitch begins to appear (after the mod was installed on a launcher other than Vanilla).
- Quit the non-Vanilla launcher from the system tray after closing it.
- Then run Minecraft’s vanilla (or native) version and press Play.
- Shut the vanilla launcher once the Create Game Screen appears after letting it run.
- Attempt to see whether the download file problem has been resolved by opening the other launcher you used.
Twitch users may be required to launch the game and shift to Vanilla mode by clicking the Mod Pack button on the launcher menu. Let it load entirely once, then shut it down. Repeat this process with the Mod Pack to see if the problem has been fixed.
Set Java to Open .Jar Extension
The downloaded files wouldn’t have been successfully processed and would result in a mismatch if Java (or JDK) is not selected as the primary program to open the.Jar (or.Java) file extensions. The problem can be fixed by altering the file loading options.
- Once you right-click Windows and click on the option Run.
- Now get through the following path:
- Simply select Properties by performing a right-click on a file that ends in “.Jar” or “.Java” (assuming file extensions are still not displayed, you might need to enable file extension display).
- Then select Java or OpenJDK Platform Binary by clicking the Change button next to Opens With.
Use a VPN Connection to Download File
A bug might cause difficulty with the download file in the local Minecraft server (in the past, UK servers have been said to have the bug), and utilizing a VPN connection to connect to a new server might just be able to fix it. Be certain that you close the launcher from the system tray and leave it just before continuing.
- Run a VPN client on your system by downloading it (if you already do not have it installed).
- Activate the launcher after connecting to an alternative location to determine whether the download file problem has been corrected.
Disable the Firewall of Your PC
If your Computers firewall prevents the Minecraft launcher from working properly, you might not be able to download data from Minecraft. In this situation, turning off the firewall on the computer might help.
|Warning: Proceed through at your own responsibility because deactivating your PC’s firewall could put your computer and data in jeopardy.|
Proceed through at your own responsibility because deactivating your PC’s firewall could put your computer and data in jeopardy.
- Right-click on the security program in the System Tray (which s located near the clock) (like ESET).
- After choosing Pause Firewall (Allow All Traffic), indicate that you want to stop the firewall.
To help save your current progress, copy all contents inside the Minecraft Installation folder to another folder as a backup.
Then to the Windows Control Panel by selecting Programs and Features, finding the Minecraft Launcher, and then choosing Uninstall from the context menu.
After that, remove the “.minecraft” folder by going to C: > Users > %username% > AppData > Roaming. Install Minecraft on a PC after downloading it from the main website.
To keep your game playing and save your previous progress, do not ignore transferring the Save folder once more to the same place in a new installation.
You may now continue exploring and scrolling through Minecraft
You should have been able to resolve the “Failed download file. The data vary from what you originally intended” error in Minecraft by making the above corrections discussed in the article. If the issue continues, you must consider returning to a different game edition.
Allow the Minecraft launcher to settle for a little while and experience the original version of the game online, even if that fails to fix the problem. Although it has some drawbacks, whether you’re anxious to play the game, it’s a suitable substitute.
Benjamin is tech-savvy and loves to research the highly dynamic technological world. Keeping track of all the tech stocks, tech inventions, and latest developments in the tech world keeps him firm.
He has been writing for the past 12 years and is currently connected with ThoughtsGate.com. Playing ice hockey with his childhood friends is what keeps him fresh.