A microwave purchase is a necessity for the vast majority of individuals. All of the functionalities of a standard microwave are available in small microwaves. However, they also require less counter space. Since not owning a microwave in a comparatively tiny, cramped kitchen does not constitute a valid reason.
If you live alone or with just one other individual, it might also be more convenient to purchase the best small microwave than a full-sized one. If you opt for a smaller version, you are going to save a significant amount of money and area.
You must take into account the desired microwave’s style and size, wattage, heating method, and control panel in order to select the most suitable compact microwave for your requirements.
What type of microwave do you need?
To determine the type of microwave you need in your kitchen, you must know the different types of microwaves available. There are three different types of microwaves available in the market:
- Countertop microwaves
- Built-in microwaves
- Over-the-range microwaves
What to consider when looking for the best small microwaves/compact microwaves?
One must consider the following factors when planning on buying your kitchen a small or compact microwave.
1. Size and internal capacity
Compact designs typically have a maximum inside volume of one cubic foot. Small microwave ovens generally have an inner volume of between 0.5 and 1.5 cubic feet, which enables them to accommodate smaller spaces or dormitories. If there is a turntable, one must determine whether it is large or little.
Cooking times are shortened with a higher power. A broad range of power settings should be sufficient when maximum power is unacceptable. One should be aware that devices with higher wattage outputs typically cost more.
3. Preset Programs/Modes/Buttons
Even small microwaves typically have a variety of buttons that would provide you with adjustable cooking and reheating settings. Popcorn, defrosting, and express cooking are a few examples that are frequently used. These pre-programmed buttons could save you time.
4. Easy Cleaning
You may save a tonne of time by purchasing kitchen appliances that seem simple to clean. Cleaning will be quicker and more convenient with a detachable turntable, in addition to being less complicated.
Below are mentioned and discussed some of the best small and compact microwave ovens you can consider buying for your kitchen.
1. Black + Decker EM720CB7 Digital Microwave Oven
Given that it costs less than $70, the Black+Decker EM720CFO-PMB is an excellent inexpensive microwave. The Black + Decker microwave has a turntable and is a 0.7 cubic foot, 700-watt appliance.
It has a roomy interior, a glass turntable that can be removed, and 10 power levels. Cook or reheat six 1000W / 1.4 Cu. Ft. Size items as best you can.
This microwave’s 10-inch-diameter glass turntable can accommodate medium-sized platters and is easily washable thanks to its detachable construction. The interior light in the microwave allows you to observe the progress of your meal while it prepares.
This reasonably priced kitchen appliance includes all of the essential components a single person needs and is small enough to be placed on your counter without occupying a lot of space.
- Internal spaciousness and a glass turntable that could be removed.
- Large LED display and a control panel that is simple to understand.
- Offers a variety of cooking levels.
- Construction that saves space while operating quietly.
- The microwave oven has a small capacity.
- The appliance lacks sensor technology for cooking.
2. Toshiba EM131A5C-BS 1.2 CU. FT. Microwave Oven
The Toshiba EM131A5C-SS microwave includes 10 power settings, 1100 watts of power, and pre-programmed controls to cook potatoes, rice, and vegetables.
By merely pushing a button, the pre-programmed sensor selection makes the process simple by employing the appropriate settings to prepare a selection of items instantly. Sensor Reheat, Sensor Pizza, Potato, Rice, Frozen Veggies, and Frozen Entrée are the preset options.
The Toshiba EM131A5C-SS microwave oven has a 12.4″ turntable and an internal volume of 1.2 cubic feet.
By just holding down the number 8 button for around 5 seconds, one may shut off the microwave oven sound if they dislike the beeping sound it produces.
It boasts a sizable digital display and an easy-to-grasp door handle.
Internally, your food is illuminated by an LED light, and a glass turntable that is readily removable for washing and cleaning is also included.
- The digital control panel includes 10 power options available.
- Rather than having a button, it includes a door handle.
- It has a feature called Mute Settings for quiet cooking.
- A large capacity of 13.07x15x9.5 inches allows for the storage of a broad range of foods.
- The finest quality heating process is maintained by a pre-programmed sensor setting.
- 1100 watts of cooking power are produced, providing quick cooking.
- Might produce a burning-like odor while in use.
- The appliance does not coke with a grill.
- It lacks convection mode.
3. COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PM Countertop Microwave Oven
Its compact size makes it perfect for dorm rooms, holiday homes, workplaces, and apartment kitchens. The microwave sounds will stop by pushing the sound on/off button. It has two defrost modes and one-touch rapid cooking.
The 700w Comfee EM720CPL-PMB microwave oven has an interior volume of 0.7 cubic feet. To let you know that it has completed making your dinner, it beeps 5 times.
The microwave is protected by a child safety lock to keep wandering hands away. By using the lock feature, you can stop kids or anyone from operating the microwave.
The usual cooking mode uses 50% more energy than the ECO mode. This microwave also contains dedicated cooking buttons for items like pizza, potatoes, popcorn, frozen veggies, drinks, and dinner plates, all of which are labeled with words and pictures for convenience.
- The energy-saving mode reduces backup power by approximately 50%.
- The vibrant digital display and control panels are simple to read.
- The black stainless steel texture has a contemporary appearance.
- Eleven cooking options are available.
- It is simple to use, given the control panel’s one-touch controls.
- The appliance fails to provide even heating.
- This microwave takes a bit longer to heat the food.
4. Amazon Basics Microwave
The Top on a Budget pick is the AmazonBasic microwave since it is not only reasonably priced but also has Alexa built-in and small dimensions.
Reheating and defrosting food using this user-friendly kitchen device works better than average. It is a small, 21.9-pound tabletop device with 700-watt power output. There are 10 different power level options.
Dimension and Design
On the right side of the door, you’ll find a panel with measurements of 10.1 x 17.0 x 11.6 inches that contains the configuration options and Digital display.
The flat, average-sized buttons can manually configure power options, input duration, choose actions, and so on. Three keys are located underneath the numeric keypad: the Pause/Start key, the Start/+ 30 seconds button, and a “Ask Alexa” icon with specialized functions.
- This small design is quite affordable, performs well, and incorporates smart home features.
- Perfect for frozen packed items, inexpensive, as well as very simple to operate.
- Integrated Alexa voice controls are offered.
- 0.7 cubic feet of inner volume and 700 watts.
- The control panel is uncomplicated making it easily used by almost anyone.
- Minimal auto-cook preset options.
- Heating efficiency could be improved.
5. Panasonic NN-SN686S 1.2 CU.FT. 1200 Watt SN686SR Microwave
Countertop/Built-In Panasonic Microwave Oven, NN-SN686S, 1200 Watts High Power Inverter. This Panasonic microwave uses inverter technology to ensure that your meal is warmed uniformly.
The Panasonic NN-SN686S microwave’s settings are well-marked, so you will have no difficulty understanding how each feature works.
Among the preset possibilities are a sensor cook button with up to 14 pre-programmed items on the menu, a popcorn button for preparing rapid popcorn, and a turbo defrosts button for rapidly thawing frozen food.
A green-lit LCD display at the top shows the current state of the dish you are cooking.
Additionally, Panasonic microwaves come with additional stainless-steel trim kits, which might improve the microwave’s appearance and fit.
- A steady flow of cooking power is delivered by 1200W high-power for even cooking.
- It has a compact design and requires little counters or a table area.
- Your meals are evenly heated thanks to inverter technology.
- Sophisticated inverter turbo defrost technology significantly shortens the defrosting duration.
- Using a child safety lock will prevent prohibited use.
- Cooking meals using a sensor eliminates all errors.
- The interior LED light might stop functioning sometimes.
How can I clean my small microwave?
Cleaning with lemon
If you mean to clean your microwave with lemon, you can follow the following easy steps:
- About midway, prepare a bowl that may be used in a microwave.
- Grab a lemon from the fridge and split it in two.
- Put the lemon inside the bowl after squeezing half of it into it.
- Insert the bowl into the microwave.
- For five minutes, run it.
- Withdraw the bowl from the microwave with caution.
- Use a paper towel or cotton cloth to clean the surfaces.
Cleaning with vinegar and water
- In a dish or large glass cup that can be used in the microwave, combine two tablespoons of white vinegar and two two-cups of water.
- Five minutes on maximum in a microwave oven with the mixture.
- Prior to actually opening the microwave door, allow it at least 10 to 15 minutes to cool.
- From your oven, take out the glass turntable and plate, and wipe each with a fresh rag.
- Use a soft cloth or washcloth to clean the inside of the microwave.
- Reinstall the glass plate and turntable last.
Cleaning with baking soda
- Half-fill a bowl that may be used in a microwave.
- Two tablespoons or so of baking soda should be added to the bowl.
- The bowl should be in the microwave for between three and five minutes.
- Remove the microwave-safe dish from the device.
- Remove the interior dirt by wiping.
- The microwave lid and outside could be cleaned by dipping your towel into a bucket of water.
The same methods can be used to clean the exterior of the microwave oven.
What size microwave should I buy?
You should first determine how much kitchen area you own and the type of microwave meals you intend to prepare before choosing the appropriate size microwave. The size of the microwave is crucial since it determines how many freshly prepared or frozen meals you would prepare in the kitchen at one time.
If your countertop space is restricted, you may want to opt for a smaller model to conserve room. Typically 10-inch dinner plates can slide within a countertop microwave with an interior volume of up to 0.5 cubic feet. You should estimate the area of the intended place because physical dimensions could also change.
Microwaves can overheat, similarly to other appliances. Thus ventilation clearance is equally crucial. Finally, consider the size of your family, your cooking skills, and the amount of food you intend to frequently prepare.
When conducting your own study to determine which compact microwave best meets your needs, you might wish to keep an eye out for other possibilities.
The ones mentioned above are merely the best we were able to find, and if you take the time to read through them, you may also believe that they are sufficient for you to choose from.
Before acquiring one, ensure you have read about it and carefully reviewed every detail. Some of the best small microwaves in 2022 are included on the list an:d come highly recommended.
- Why Are My AirPods So Quiet and How to Fix Them?
- Alienware Area 51 Threadripper Edition Review
- Raycon Earbuds Review
- How To Enter Disneyplus.com Login_Begin 8 Digit Code
Hina is a tech-geek and passionate writer. She works as a Content Strategist at ThoughtsGate. She has always had an edge with books, information, articles- mainly relating to tech and innovation.